Thursday, July 6, 2017

Tiger Lily


Tiger Lily
by Jodi Lynn Anderson

I thought that this was such a beautiful retelling of the Peter Pan story but with the main focus as Tiger Lily. This story is told through the eyes of Tinker Bell and I really liked reading from the perspective. I thought that it made the story even more interesting.

I was immediately drawn into the world of Neverland that Tiger Lily lived in. Her story was fascinating and I loved that she was a strong character but that she also had weakness. She was independent and capable. She did what she wanted, even if it wasn't what was expect of a girl. But at the same time, she was so caught up in what was happening to her that she didn't realize what was happening to the people she loved.

 It did get kind of slow in the middle and it didn't really seem like much was happening. It took awhile to really get back to the meat of the story.  There was some very interesting commentary on Christianity trying to convert indigenous people and the problems that can cause. It definitely did not put them in very good light and even I found myself frustrated with him trying to change and convert everyone to his view of the world. Which I'm sure was the point the author was trying to make.

I did really love the ending. I thought it was a beautiful message about love and loss. About the ability to heal and move on. To love more then one person and to recognize that it is ok to love again. Especially when you love someone who is dearer to you then life and then lose them. It was the perfect ending to the story.

*Also if you are interesting in checking the book out the picture above gives you a direct link to Amazon. The same goes for all the other post on this blog. Most pictures of the books are linked to Amazon, where you can read more reviews or even buy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment