Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The False Prince


The False Prince
By Jennifer A. Nielsen

This was such a fun book to read. This is a fantasy novel filled with intrigue, hidden secrets and plenty of action. In the book several orphans are  taken by a noblemen, who has plans to use them take the throne, by having one of them impersonate the long lost son of the king. The story moved quickly and easily kept my interest through out the entire book. I thought that the characters were interesting. I especially liked the main character Sage, who was mischievous and stubborn but also kind and thoughtful. He was a character I could really get behind.

The story was somewhat predictable for me but I was happy with it any way. If it hadn't gone the way I wanted it to, I actually might have been a little disappointed. This is a case of knowing what is going to happen but in a good way. This book is geared towards 10-14 year olds but I still really enjoyed it. I think this would be a great book for a kid who needs something to really grab their interest in reading. I can't wait to read the rest of the trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment