Friday, June 23, 2017

Geekerella


Geekerella
By Ashley Poston

This ended up being a really cute story. It was a fun take on the Cinderella story. It is full of fun geeky references. This is a modern telling, with food trucks, movie stars and Sci fi fans. I think this story does a great job of showing that it's ok to be yourself. That liking things that are considered geeky doesn't make you weird and that there are others out there who like the same things. You are not alone.

It did take me a little bit to really get drawn into the story but once I did I couldn't put it down. It jumps between the two main Characters, Elle and Darien. My one complaint at the beginning was that their voice in the book sounded too familiar, like reading the same character just one being a boy instead of a girl. After the first few chapters though I stopped feeling that way and they became very distinct personalities. I'm sure it is just her style of writing. I just had to get to know the characters first.

I loved the ending and how it all wrapped up. It was such a cute modern fairy tale. I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for something fun to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment