Monday, January 23, 2017

Call the Midwife


Call the Midwife
by Jennifer Worth

I started watching this show a few months ago and loved it. I binge watched all the seasons in about a two month period. There are just so many great stories and I found it all just so fascinating. It's amazing how much has changed since the 1950's.

I picked this book up from the library and I was enthralled. Many of the episodes of the series are pulled right from these pages and I loved reliving those scenes in the book. This was such a well written memoir and I enjoyed it very much.  It was so interesting to read what life was like in East End during that time. they had to deal with so many hard situations, many of them repercussions from the war. I love learning history, especially when the writing is so engaging. So many non-fiction books tend to be a little dry or hard to follow but this book was neither of those things.

I am definitely planning on checking out the other books in this series so that I can continue reading about this fascinating occupation and time period.

No comments:

Post a Comment