Monday, September 19, 2016

Childhood


A couple weeks ago I learned that one of our our favorite children author's had passed away. I was saddened by this news. Anna Dewdney wrote all the delightful Llama Llama books. We adore Llama Llama at out house and have quite the collection to prove it.



She had requested that instead of a funeral, that people read to a child. We were happy to honer her memory by reading some of our favorite Llama Llama books together. My favorite is Llama Llama mad at Mama. What's your favorite?



Speaking of children and childhood, I was wondering around my children's book fair and came across this Gem, Wait Till Helen Comes, by Mary Downing Hall. It made me so happy to see it sitting there on that shelf. I bought it almost 30 years ago at my elementary book fair and it still sits on my shelf to this day. It was my very first ghost story and I was addicted to Ghost stories for years after. I've read so many now but this one will always remain my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment