Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Raven Boys


The Raven Boys
Maggie Stiefvater

I picked this book up because it has a lot of good reviews on Goodreads and I liked some of this author's other books. Her books tend to have supernatural elements so I thought this could be interesting and I was excited to give it a try. Unfortunately I did not enjoy this book at all.

I did think the characters were interesting and the plot had promise but I just really disliked the style of writing. It felt like it was kind of all over the place. I never felt fully immersed in the story. I think it was suppose to make the story feel mysterious but it just felt vague and disjointed. It was a strange story that I just really couldn't get into.

I managed to finish it but just barely and now I'm not sure if it was worth it because it's the first in a series and I have no desire to read the rest. Now I won't ever know if they find what they are looking for or if Gansey lives or dies. Oh well... time to move on to something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment