Thursday, July 7, 2016

The Girl On the Train


The Girl On the Train
by Paula Hawkins

I saw a preview for a movie based on this book and it made me curious enough that I checked it out form the library to see what all the hype was about. As I was leaving the library some one saw me holding the book and told me that it was a good read so I was excited to give it a read.

This is a story about a women who goes missing and the people who may know what happened. When I first started reading this book I was unsure about how I was going to like this book. The style of writing was a bit choppy and the character wasn't very likable. It took me a few more chapters to really get into this story but once I did, I couldn't put this book down. This was a great suspenseful story and kept me thinking at every turn of the plot. Unfortunately there really aren't any likable characters but that just means more suspects in the women's disappearance. I love trying to solve mysteries and even though I had my suspicions early on in the book, this story kept me on my toes.

This was a good read and I would definitely watch the movie after reading this book. I think it would make a great suspense/thriller. I really liked the ending and thought it wrapped up the story well.

No comments:

Post a Comment