Thursday, July 14, 2016

Library of Souls


Library of Souls: The Third Novel of Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children
by Ransom Riggs

This is the third book in this series and I really liked where this story ended up going. It was a great conclusion for this series and I was left feeling very happy with how it all turned out. This is an important part of the ending of a series so I am glad that it ended well.

I did struggle some getting through the book. Especially in the beginning. The writing didn't always so a good job of keeping my attention so I found myself skimming at times just to move forward in the book. It didn't start moving along a little better towards the end and I found all the parts about Devil's Acre to be a really interesting aspect of their world. I would say that I definitely liked this book better then the second, but the first book is still by far the best book in this series.

Once again the old photos were fascinating. I really loved looking at them and I like how he continues to incorporate them into his books. Although it did feel a little more forced in this book. Like they were more random photos that he snuck into the plot here and there. It didn't feel quite as natural of a fit as the first book, if that makes sense.

This was a unique series and I look forward to seeing the movie now.

No comments:

Post a Comment