Friday, June 10, 2016

A Tale Dark and Grimm


A Tale Dark and Grimm
By Adam Gidwitz

This was an interesting telling of Hansel and Gretel. I like how he has combined several Grimm fairy tales into one story to show what happened to them after they escaped the witch. I really love Grimm fairy tales so I thought this would be a fun book to read. I appreciate that he left all the gruesome parts of the original stories in. I even liked how the author would interject little thoughts and warnings through out the book. It reminded me a lot of the book the Princess Bride. I love that book and how it was written. Of course this book is geared towards a much younger crowd so I found it a bit silly at parts. I'm sure my eight year old would find it more entertaining and laugh at all the right parts. For some reason it just didn't keep my attention that well. But I do think it would be a fun book for a younger audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment