Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The BFG


The BFG
by Roald Dahl

My boys watched the preview for the new movie coming out with me and were immediately curious about the Big Friendly Giant. I thought the best way to answer all their questions was to read the story to them. This was a really fun book to read to them and they loved it. They looked forward to our reading time every night. I loved this book when I was a kid and I am so glad they enjoyed it too. I also haven't read a lot of chapter books out loud to them in the past and I am definitely planning on making this a regular part of our routine. It is a great way to snuggle up together and relax before bed.  I'm hoping it will help increase their interest in reading chapter books.

Now the boys want to see the movie.

What are your favorite books to read out loud to your kids? I need some good suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment