Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Movie review


I have been wanting to watch The Martian since it came out to the theaters. It was, by far, my favorite book I read last year and I was so excited to see how the movie turned out. Things just didn't work out so I never got to go to the Theater to see it but I finally managed to pick up a copy to watch at home.

I really enjoyed the movie. Even my husband thought it was entertaining and laughed at all the right parts. The most important thing for me was that they portrayed the main character correctly. He has a very distinctive personality and sense of humor, so it was important for me that this showed through in the movie. I thought that Matt Damon did a great job. His performance really reminded me of all the things I loved about that character.

It was such a relief to have a movie stay true to the book. I can't say the Same about The Scorch Trials. I'm not even sure anything in that movie was the same as the book.

What are your favorite Movies that were inspired by a book?

No comments:

Post a Comment