Sunday, October 18, 2015

What Alice Forgot


What Alice Forgot
by Liane Moriarty

I have been so busy with life that I almost forgot to post about this book, which I finished over a week ago. I usually try to write about the books a read sooner so they are fresh in my memory so I will try my best to remember my impressions of this story.

First things first, I thought this was a great read. The concept was so interesting to me. Imagine waking up from an accident and forgetting everything that has happened during the last ten years.  In the story, Alice wakes up after bumping her head, and thinks that she is still pregnant with her first child. When she finds out that she has 3 children and is getting a divorce, she just can't believe that her life has changed so much. She finds that she doesn't really like everything about who she has become. Would your life be what you expected? Would you be surprised by the person you have become or the path your life has taken in those ten years?  I wonder if I looked at my life from my 25 year old's perspective, would I want to change things about myself? Really fascinating stuff for me.

I flew through this book. I found myself quickly drawn into her story. And I really liked how her amnesia changed the course of her life. I thought the ending of this story was perfect. In fact, I think that the ending is what really made this book such a great read. I really hate it when you put so much time into a story's characters and then it doesn't work out the way you envisioned, so I was extremely happy that was not the case for this book. The ending really did make the book that much more enjoyable for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment