Thursday, October 1, 2015

Black Ice


Black Ice
by Becca Fitzpatrick

SO I was a little nervous to read this book. It got a lot of really terrible reviews on Goodreads. A lot. But I really enjoyed her Hush Hush series so I decided to go ahead and give it a try.

In this book two teenage girls find themselves trapped in the snow, in the mountains of Wyoming, and at the mercy of two guys who take them captive. Will her ex boyfriend be able to find them and rescue them in time?

This was a very entertaining book and I really enjoyed reading it. I definitely don't agree with most of the reviews I saw on Good reads. There were a lot of complaints about the main character falling for a bad guy or being spoiled and stupid but I couldn't disagree more. I found her to be resilient, smart and determined. She was put in a tough situation and came out stronger. Sure some of her earlier decisions weren't great, But she is a teenager. They don't always make great decisions but if they are smart they learn from their mistakes. Also I didn't feel like the guy was really a bad guy and he showed that by the way he treated her and how he tried to protect her. Also I have thing for the guys in her books.  I always seem to really, really like them. I know some of you felt the same way about Patch in her Hush Hush series. I'm I right? Her books/ characters are definitely my guilty pleasures of the Young Adult genre.

Just like Hush Hush, this was a fast, fun read. I didn't want to put it down. She does a great job of keeping the story moving. I really enjoy her style of writing and this book did not disappoint in that department. My one complaint would be that I found it to be very predictable. I figured out who the murderer was very early into the story. Other then that this was a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment