Monday, September 7, 2015

The Book of Lost Things


The Book of Lost Things
by John Connolly

I'm just going to start by saying that I loved the ending of this book. It has such a great message and really brought the story full circle. It made me tear up and really just made me happy. I don't want to get too much into what happened or the message the book is trying to tell, because I feel like that would take away some of the magic from the reader. It's one of those things that needs to be discovered and enjoyed on one's own. I'll just say that anyone who has felt loss, disappointment or jealousy of any sort can relate to this book.

It did take me a little while to get into this story. It develops relatively slowly and at times I found myself not sure what to think. There are references to fairy tales through out the book, but they are very dark and disturbing. Even more then Grimm's versions. I really wasn't sure where this story was going and worried that I wasn't going to like it. For a while it just seemed so sad and upsetting, but in the end I loved where the story led. It was well worth the time it took to read!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you kept going til the end. This book is amazing--gruesome and disturbing at times--but just amazing! The ending really does bring it full circle and makes the whole thing just perfect!

    ReplyDelete