Monday, August 17, 2015

Winter Sea


Winter Sea
by Susanna Kearsley

I really enjoyed this book. Sometimes a nice romance is just what I need and this was a good one. I liked both the story about the past and the story about the present. I liked how they complemented each other and had some parallel events. So often with these historical fictions I find myself less interested in what is going on in the present and much more interested in the history but I found all the characters through out the story engaging. But I have to admit that the historical sections were my favorite parts. It did take me a few chapters to really get into the story but once I did, I didn't want to put it down. I wanted to keep reading to find out what happened next.

I loved the setting of Scotland and I learned a little about History I didn't know before which I love. I find history so fascinating and love learning new things.

I do have to say that I thought the ended was very predictable. I knew very early on in the book how the story was going to end. There was a brief moment towards the end that I thought maybe I had it wrong but then it all worked out just the way I thought it would. I actually didn't mind that I guessed the ending. Sometimes it is nice to read a book where everyone ends up with exactly who they should end up with. That's what makes it a good romance!


No comments:

Post a Comment