Friday, June 12, 2015

Room


Room
by Emma Donoghue

This book tells the story of a kidnapped women and is told through the eyes of her five year old who was born during her captivity. This was fascinating look into what life would be like for someone forced to live in horrible circumstances. At first I was unsure if I was going to enjoy reading a book from a five years old perspective. Let's be honest, five year olds can be annoying. Once I got used to the way he referred to the world around him, I didn't really mind that he was the one telling the story. I didn't even bother me when he talked about breastfeeding. It really showed what the world would look like to someone who had never been been outside of an eleven-by-eleven room.

This was a really quick read. It only took me a day to finish it. I found it to be thoroughly engrossing. I really wanted to find out what happened to the boy and his Ma. If you are looking for something different, that will make you look at the world with a new perspective, this would be a great book to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment