Thursday, June 11, 2015

Harry Potter



I know it's been a while since I posted about any books I've read. Last month the book for my book club was Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I decided, since I hadn't read the entire series in years, that I would attempt to read all the books in May. I flew threw the first two books, reading them in a day or two. Then the books started getting longer, and my baby stopped sleeping, making it difficult to find time to read. I was getting worried that I wouldn't finish before our book club meeting. I finished book 6 the day before. I figured that was close enough since that was officially the book we were reading. I then tackled and finished number 7 last week.

I loved rereading this series. I don't think I will ever get tired of it. I'm always amazed about how authors come up with such imaginative stories. These books are full of fantasy, adventure and good story telling. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to enjoy them with me!

 I was kind of surprised how different the books were from the movies. Clearly it has been a really long time since I read the books. I've seen the movies much more recently. Even though there are some differences I still enjoy the movies too!

What series do you enjoy rereading from time to time?

No comments:

Post a Comment