Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The One


The One
by Keira Cass

Anyone else think this cover is gorgeous?

I really enjoyed the last book in the Selection series. It was such a quick, fun read. I can really use those kind of books right now. With three kids, I'm finding it difficult to find the time to read so anything that only takes me a couple of days to get through is great.

This final book really cleared up any confusion I had about who America should end up with. After reading it I'm not sure why I ever wavered in the first place. It seems so obvious now who she was destined to fall in love with.

My one complaint would be that the ending was a little too abrupt. It seemed to get really exciting in the last chapter or two. I remember think that there didn't seem to be enough pages left to read for the story to be able to wrap up satisfactorily. While I actually liked the way it ended, I do wish we could have learned more about the rebellion and find out if the events of the last chapter truly made a difference in their Country.

I did learn that there is a fourth book, which is set 20 years in the future. Maybe it will answer any questions I had about the future of the characters and their country? I guess I will have to read it to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment