Friday, September 12, 2014

Edenbrooke

Edenbrooke
by Julianne Donaldson

I didn't realize how much I enjoy a good romance until I picked up this book. I adored this story. I fell in love with the characters, especially Phillip. This was exactly what I need this week!

This story is set in the Regency era, the same era that Jane Austen's novels are set. It revolves around a young lady named Marianne, who is invited to visit the home of her late mother's dear friend. Her Grandmother has charged her with the responsibility to learn to act more like a lady but that is easier said then done. 

I love reading about this era. There is just something inherently romantic about it and Marianne was the perfect heroine for me. I loved her independent spirit. 

It did not take long for me to finish this book because I didn't want to put it down. I grew very attached to the characters and I even found my self crying happy tears for the characters. I must confess that the tears are most likely a result of my pregnancy hormones, which seem to be in overdrive this week. It seems like everything is making me cry this week. But even if the only reason I cried at the ending of this book was because I'm pregnant, at least I know that the story made me feel something good.

I think this would be a good book for someone who wants to read a good victorian romance and tried reading something by Jane Austen but struggled to get through the writting. The writing style for this book is much more moderner, eaiser to read, and the plot moves quickly. 

Just overall a great book. If you are looking for a fun, clean and romantic story, this is the book for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment