Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Night Circus


I never got around to reading last month's book for book club so I never posted what the book was going to be for this month. The book for August was...



The Night Circus
by Erin Morgenstern

I was really excited to read this book. I've heard nothing but good things about this book and the concept sounded intriguing. It seemed like the type of book that I could really get into.

I was a little surprised that I didn't love it as much as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed reading it. The circus itself was captivating, it was truly a magical place and I really liked that aspect of the story. I also thought the characters were fascinating and I liked reading about them. 

But for me, the story was a little too slow moving. It just seemed to take a long time for anything to happen and it took me longer then normal to get through the book. Also the book is not necessarily written in chronological order so at times I had a hard time figuring out if the events were happen before or after what happened in the previous chapters. I'm sure that was part of the added mystery of the story, but honestly it confused me a little. Not something I usually have a hard time with.

So my final thoughts are that this was a good book. I liked reading it. I liked the magical atmosphere of the Circus. It just wasn't my favorite.



Next month we are reading...



The Only Alien on the Planet
By Kristen D. Randle

I Loved this book the last time I read it, so I'm excited to read it again and share it with my friends!

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way about this one. It's a good book for people who like lots of description and details!

    ReplyDelete