Monday, June 16, 2014

Game of Thrones


A Game of Thrones
by George R.R. Martin

My husband has been trying to get me to read this series for quite some time now. I finally got around to reading the first book. It took me a little while to really get into the story but I found myself really enjoying this book. It took me a while to get through this book. Not only is it long but there is a lot going on in the books. Plus you have to keep track of a lot of different characters, in different parts of the world. I found it interesting because there were characters that I hated and characters I was really rooting for their success. What I think makes this book so entertaining is all the intrigue and strategy that the various characters use to try to get closer to the Throne. Of course the book ends with lots of unanswered questions and an even bigger war in the making.

This was definitely an adult book, with plenty of violence (i.e. beheadings, etc.) and many sexual references and scenes. So if those things make you uncomfortable this is not the book for you. I can't imagine watching the TV show because I don't really like watching that much gore or nudity.





No comments:

Post a Comment