Monday, May 26, 2014

Out of the Easy


Out of the Easy
by Ruta Sepetys


This is a story about a girl in the 1950's, whose mom works as a prostitute at Brothel in New Orleans, who hoped to get way from it all. The plot was very interesting and moved quickly. It took me very little time to get caught up in the story. I liked the characters and found myself hoping Josie could figure out how to get away from the life her mother had create for her. There was plenty of intrigue and drama which made for a fun read. I really enjoy historical fiction and found it fascinating to read about what life would have been like in New Orleans in the 1950's. My only complaint about this book was that it ended a  bit abruptly. It just seemed like there were lose ends that never really got tied up. I mean the story had an ending, so I wasn't left wondering what happened to Josie, but it just seemed like not everything got resolved to my satisfaction. (I hope that makes sense.) I still enjoyed the book though.

No comments:

Post a Comment