Saturday, May 31, 2014

Cinder


Cinder
by Marissa Meyer

I saw the cover for this book at the Library a while ago and was immediately intrigued. I was finally able to get my hands on a copy and I was not disappointed. This was a great book!

This is one of my favorite Sci fi books I have read. I loved how she took the story of Cinderella and created her own unique story. The book follows a young girl who is a cyborg in a futuristic earth, where an evil Lunar queen and a new plague is threatening the population. When her stepsister becomes infected her stepmother volunteers Cinder for Plague research.

I couldn't put this book down. It was such a fun story. I loved the characters and the world that the story is set in.  I didn't mind that I figured out very early on what the big reveal at the end of the book was going to be. I didn't think that changed the outcome of the book for me and will only become much more important in the books that follow.

I was also a big Sailor moon fan when I was younger and I definitely felt that the author put in some things that seemed to allude to the cartoon. It was really blatant but cool for someone who might be a fan too.

I can't wait to read the rest of this story. I have high hopes that the other books will be great too!

1 comment:

  1. The second book is really great; the third kind of drags for the first half and really picks up as it gets closer to the end. I can't wait to see how this story plays out and how many other fairy tale characters she introduces in her unique way!

    ReplyDelete