Saturday, March 8, 2014

Gathering Blue


Gathering Blue
by Lois Lowry

This is the companion book to The Giver. It takes place in a completely different setting then The Giver the only real connecting to it is a passing reference to a boy who matches the main character from that book.

I still really enjoyed this book. It was also a quick and fascinating read. I liked the different characters and soon found myself caring for them and their futures. I did get frustrated at the main character a little bit because she kept trusting the one person I thought she shouldn't. I couldn't understand why she couldn't see the connection to him and all the bad things that happened. Of course, she grew up in a society where deaths were not surprising or something they dwelled on much so I guess it makes sense that she didn't question it.

This story also ended pretty abruptly and I am hoping that the next book continues her story because I am really curious about what she does next.

No comments:

Post a Comment