Monday, February 24, 2014

The House of Hades


The House of Hades
by Rick Riordan

I wanted to make sure I read this book before I forgot what happened in the last book. It has been a while, but after a couple pages I was able to jump right back into the story from where it left off in the last book. I was definitely glad about that because that would have been a lot of books to  review if I hadn't remember everything that lead up to this book.

I must admit that it took me a long time to get through this book. It seemed to move a little slowly, so it didn't keep my attention as well as some of his previous books. Once I got closer to the end it really picked up speed and I ended up enjoying the story.

I especially liked that he brought back some characters from previous books (Calypso, being my favorite). It will be interesting to see how it all plays out in the next book, which I'm kind of hoping is the final book in this series. Only because I want to know what happens to all the Heros and because I just can't imagine the story dragging out any longer then that.

No comments:

Post a Comment