Friday, January 24, 2014

Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop

Question:

Do you think you will ever read every book in your TBR stack? 

Answer:

It is really hard to say because I am constantly adding books to my pile or taking books off my pile. Books I find at garage sales or are recommend by a friend. Books that caught my attention but once I take a closer look I decide that there are far more interesting books to spend my time on.

So I guess my answer is no. I probable won't get around to reading every book I add to my list. While I eventually get to most books on my TBR list, there are always ones I start and never finish. Either because I lost interest in the story, I got distract by another book, or I just didn't like it. I will finish just about any book I start but every once in a while I come across one I just don't care to read. 

Which reminds me, I started reading Anna Karenina and only got through the first 3 chapters. I really should give that book a try again. I've heard good things about it. 

8 comments:

  1. I am in the same boat too! Reading one book and add three more. I will never get to the end of my TBR pile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Sometimes just walking past the books at the store will cause my list to grow. There are just so many great books out there to discover.

      Delete
  2. I had to slog through Anna Karenina myself - I liked about half of it and the other half I was so-so about. Here's my blog hop response: http://reading2011.blogspot.com/2014/01/book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep finding other books I'd rather read but I still think I may get around to giving it a try again someday...

      Delete
  3. It's ok to lose interest in a book, because what's the point of reading something you're not interested in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love garage sales (or car boot sales in the UK), I always come back with 20 or so paperbacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garage sales are the best! I find my best book deals at them.

      Delete