Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014 Book Club

It is a new year and I can't wait to see what this year brings.

 One of my goals every year is to find new books to read and to explore different genres that I may not have discovered before. (Even if I tend to be draw to certain types of books.)

This year my friends and I decided to start a book club. I am so excited and I think we have a great variety of books on our list. Some I have read already, most I have not. It is going to be lots of fun.

We are starting the year off with a Self- help book which sounds really interesting. Our January Book is The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.

I have a feeling this  is  just what I need to be reading right now. I was feeling over tired and a bit grumpy today. My boys were running around the house playing and my first reaction was to be annoyed that they were being so loud. In that instant I knew that I needed to reevaluated my reaction. My boys were having a blast playing with each other and has I listened closer to their conversations I became extremely gratifult that they are such good friends. I want to remember better what a blessing it is to have two healthy boys, who are each other's best friend. I feel truly blessed. This book will hopefully help me learn to enjoy the blessings more and not allow myself to be annoyed as easily.





Do you have any goals for the New Year?
Who's with me and wants to read along with the rest of us? At the end of the month I will write my thoughts on the book and announce the next book on the list. Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment