Saturday, December 21, 2013

Midnight in Austenland


Midnight in Austenland
by Shannon Hale

I was browsing through The Compass Book Ratings Website , looking for some ideas for a book club I'm starting with some friends, and I came across some new books by Shannon Hale. It has been quite some time since I've read anything by her but I always enjoy her books so I was excited to find something new to read.

There were a couple different choices and this is the one that caught my attention first. Although I don't remember the First Austenland book, I do remember that I enjoyed reading it. The movie is also on my to watch list... some day.

It only took me a couple sentences to remember why I like Shannon Hale's books so much. I find her style of writing to be so engaging. I was hooked immediately to the story and couldn't put it down the entire time. This was such a fun read. It had modern relationship issues mixed with mystery, intrigue. This was a story about what it means to be true Jane Austen type of Heroine.

No comments:

Post a Comment