Monday, December 2, 2013

Clockwork Princess

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We didn't do any traveling this year but my parents came to visit for a week. We had a great time with them exploring the city. On top of that I have been busy preparing for the Holidays; planning our activities and trying to get all the shopping done early. I was somewhat successful in my goal and even managed to finish a book while I was at it.


Clockwork Princess
By Cassandra Clare

This is the third book in the Infernal Devices Series, which is the prequel to the Mortal Instruments series.

I thought she did a nice job of wrapping this story up. I like when stories neatly explain what happens to everyone and she does just that in this book. I especially liked the last chapter which brings the story back into Modern times, the same time frame as the Mortal Instruments. It made me want to reread that series.

There are definitely some connections to The Mortal Instrument series made in this book. I wish I had read that series more recently so I could have caught on to them sooner. I thought it was very interesting to find out the history of their families.

I really enjoyed this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment