Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Linger


Linger
by Maggie Stiefvater

I read the first book in this series, Shiver, about 3 years ago. I remembered thinking it was interesting so when I came across this book at the Library I decided to take it home. This book continues the story of Sam, Grace and the Werewolves of Mercy Falls.

It has been so long since I read the last book that I had a hard time remembering everything that happened in that book. This made it a little difficult to understand the characters because they kept referencing things in the past. These references were pretty vague so they often did nothing to jog my memory. I am sure I would have enjoyed the book more if I had read it sooner after I finished the first book.

Like Shiver, it took me a while to get through this book. It moved rather slowly and it didn't feel like much happened in this book. Most of it seemed to be devoted to introducing one of the new pack members, Cole. About who he was and why he wanted to be a wolf.

That being said, I really liked the ending and I am interested in finding out what happens next. If I read the third book relatively soon, maybe I will enjoy it more then this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment