Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Insurgent


Insurgent
by Veronica Roth

I was finally able to pick this book from the Library yesterday. There was a long wait list for it. I guess I wasn't the only person wanting to read it.

I finished 400 pages yesterday. I finished the last 125 pages today. I couldn't put it down. I just had to know what was going to happen. It was one of those stories where there is something bigger going on but the characters just haven't figured it out yet.  I spent the entire book trying to guess what it is, knowing that I probably won't find until the very end.

Like the first book in this series, I really enjoyed this book. It kept me guessing, which is always a good thing, and the story line was riveting. Seriously, I couldn't put it down!

I will admit that at the very end, when the big secret is finally revealed, I didn't understand why so much blood had been shed to hid it.  Honestly, I wasn't sure why it was so dangerous or why the Erudites were so desperate to keep it secret. Any one else read this book and have thoughts on that? Maybe the third book will make that clear for me...

I am loving this series so far. Now I just have to find a way to get my hands on the third book, which just came out and probably has an extra long hold list at the Library!

No comments:

Post a Comment