Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Truth About Forever


The Truth About Forever
by Sarah Dessen

As I began this book I wasn't sure if I was going to like it as much as her other books. Was I going to find this girl as relatable? It took me a few chapters but it wasn't long before I was completed drawn into this story. This story is about a young girl who must learn to face and deal with her father's death. In the process she becomes to understand just what she wants in life. I thought it was a very touching story, even if it was predictable at times. I knew early on who she was supposed to end up with and that  despite any obstacles they might face, that they would eventually end up together. But that didn't bother me because it was the journey to that point which was important. She just had to figure out what would make her truly happy first.

This author really has a way of making her characters feel real. Even though her books are about teenagers, I always find that I learn something relevant about life and the struggles people face. I think it is important to understand how others feel, especially if through that understanding you are able to help them in a difficult time. Her books always give me valuable insight into these emotions.

There is some language in this book, more then I remember in her other books, but not too much that it distracted for the story. I am glad I had a chance to read this book. It is emotional, real and in the end a very sweet story about what forever means.

No comments:

Post a Comment