Monday, October 14, 2013

Clockwork Prince


Clockwork Prince
by Cassandra Clare

This is the second book in the Infernal Devices series. This story picks right up from where the last book ended. I didn't get a chance to mention in my review of Clockwork Angel that I really like the artwork on the cover of this series. I can't really explain what I like so much but for some reason they just really grab my attention.

Like that last book, I was completely enthralled by this story and it took my only about a day to finish. I was thankful that I didn't have to wait the entire book to find out what Will's secret was since I had been waiting to find out since that last book. In fact you found out pretty early on in the book, which I thought was great. I think I would have been really annoyed if I had gotten through the entire book and still not know why he acted the way he did.

I could tell from the set up of the last book that there was going to be a love triangle involved in this series and that became very obvious in this book. Sorry for the spoiler but I really think that anyone reading this book would have come to that conclusion early on in the first book. There are definitely more amorous encounters and I was a little worried how far she might take it, but it turned out ok. There was also plenty of action to keep me interested in what was going to happen next.

I thought this was a very entertaining read. I really loved reading more about these characters and I look forward to reading the third book.

No comments:

Post a Comment