Thursday, October 10, 2013

Clockwork Angel


Clockwork Angel
by Cassandra Clare

This is the first book in her Inferno Devices series, which is the prequel to the Mortal Instruments series.    I really liked the Mortal Instruments series so I was excited to give this book a try. Just like the Mortal Instruments, this story tells about a young girl who finds herself involved with Shadow hunters who must fight to keep the Human world safe from Demons and other monsters. The difference was that it is set in Victorian London, instead of Modern day New York.

I liked all the characters in this series just as much as her Mortal Instrument series. Sometimes I worry I might not since I become so attached to the characters in varies books. I thought that the story line was great and I couldn't put this book down. There was plenty of action to keep me craving more. One thing that makes this story great is that it is a prequel. This story will be entertaining even if you haven't read The Mortal Instruments series. At the same time there are references to names (Lightwood and Herondale) and the appearance of Magnus Bane, which will keep fans of that series interested.

As is common with books written in series there are several questions still left unanswered at the end of the book. I have already picked up the next book in the series because I want to know no more, especially about Will, who reminds me of Jace from the Mortal Instruments and who I know is keeping a big secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment