Monday, September 30, 2013

Divergent


Divergent
by Veronica Roth

 I like all kinds of books. I will read just about anything and I really have to dislike something about the book to give it a bad review. But every once in awhile I come across a book that truly catches me imagination. That I devour each page and can't wait to read more, when I have other things I need to attend to. ( luckily for my children this doesn't happen that often.) This was definitely one of those books. I loved it.

I couldn't stop reading and it only took me a day and a half to finish it even though it was almost 500 pages long. It reminded me of the first time I read The Hunger Games or Uglies. This is another dystopian novels so if you don't like that genre this book isn't for you. I like them because along with being entertaining, I find them thought provoking. I also like that there is always at least a little Sci Fi involved.

I found this world fascinating. Each faction had decided that a certain aspect of human nature or lack there of was the cause of violence and war. They chose to cling to that one aspect, whether that was honesty, bravery, kindness, selflessness, or knowledge. When you are sixteen you choose which faction you want to follow. As with all Dystopian stories, this seemingly perfect system is flawed and their world is not as peaceful as their leaders want them to believe.

I  can't wait to read the next book in this trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment