Friday, August 30, 2013

Dealings with Dragons


Dealing with Dragons
by Patricia C. Wrede

First of all, thank you Kristy for this book ssuggestion. What a fun story. I loved it!

This was a great tale about a princess who likes to do things that proper princesses just don't do and ends up running away to avoid an arranged marriage. She meets some dragons and becomes a willing captive because cooking for a dragon sounds way more fun then marrying someone she doesn't like.

This story is witty and entertaining. I like female heros who are smart, independent and even a little rebellious and Cimerone fit that role perfectly. I loved her attitude and spirit. I thought the varies references to other well known fairy tales were really nice additions to the story, too. I loved reading about her adventures with witches, wizards, knights, princesses, princes and of course the dragons.

This was a great fantasy and I can't wait to read the next one in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment