Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Rithmatist


The Rithmatist
By Brandon Sanderson

I am already a huge fan of Brandon Sanderson after reading the Mistborn series. I was excited to learn that he had written a young adult fantasy and put all the other books on my TBR list to the side so I could read it right away.

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this book! Brandon Sanderson is a exceptional story teller. His books are well developed, the characters feel realistic and the story is always fascinating. This book was no exception.

A loved the steampunk feel of this book. I have read others in that genre but this one has been by far the best use of it. I also enjoyed learning about Rithmatist and chalklings. It was an intriguing new type of magic involving chalk drawings. Really creative and made for a great story.

This was a really quick read. It only took me two days but that might be because I didn't want to put it down. I really liked the characters and I can't wait to see how they develop later.

The ending was wide open so I know there must be more coming in the future. I can't wait to read them even if it will be a while before the next one comes out.


No comments:

Post a Comment