Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Out of Sight, Out of Time


Out of Sight, Out of Time
By Ally Carter

 When I picked up this book I did not realize that it was the fifth book in a series of books about the Gallagher Girls. The Gallagher Girls are a group of friends who go to a private school for girls where they are taught how to be spies.

I decided that I would give the book I try even though I hadn't read the other four books, with the hope that not knowing what happened in the those books wouldn't keep me from enjoying this story.

I thought that this was a really fun, quick and entertaining read. I still like her Heist Society series better but I really enjoyed this book too. This is really a great, clean book for the teen crowd. I think I would have loved reading about these smart, talented, successful girls when I was in my early teens.

Although I had no problem following the story  with out knowing about their past adventures, there is part of me that would have loved to have more insight into their relationship. Certain interactions and situations would have probably been more significant to me with that knowledge.

I will definitely have to go back and read those first four books... My interest has been peaked!

I am really enjoying this author's writing. Her books are such clean fun. I love that because that is not always so easy to find these days. Plus they are so quick an easy to read. There is something to be said about being able to pick up a book and just escape from the world for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment