Thursday, July 18, 2013

Library Time

We've made some new friends and explored our fabulous local library. It is so big and the boys love going to story time. This week they had a puppet show all about dinosaurs. Every week we get together with friends so the kids can play and pick out some new books.

Here are a few we we picked this last week.



The World Champion of Staying Awake
By Sean Taylor and Jimmy Liao

This feels like it describes my kids! Anyone else struggle with bed time!? Ugh... I hate it sometimes. This is a cute story about a little girl who gets her three dolls to go to sleep. I thought this was great concept and the boys thought it was fun.


 
Big Plans
by Bob Shea

I honestly didn't get this story. The kid goes on and on about his big plans but we never find out what they are. The boys did like this book so maybe it is a kid thing... and I liked the pictures so that's something.



Whoo! Whoo! Goes the Train
by Anne Rockwell

Remember when my oldest was little and loved trains... oh they grow up to fast! Anyway, this would have been the perfect book for him. Really great for littles who love trains and making sounds. I thought it was fun. This book is perfect for 2-3 year olds.



Earth to Clunk
by Pam Smallcomb

This was by far my favorite book we checked out from the library. I loved the pictures and the story and the boys thought it was funny too. Win-win. This is a really cute story about a boy who gets an Alien pen-pal but is not happy about it. He keeps sending him things he does think he would want.like his sister, in hopes that the Alien will stop writing back. It was a great little story.

No comments:

Post a Comment