Friday, June 7, 2013

The Secret Keeper


The Secret Keeper
by Kate Morton

A couple weeks ago a friend mentioned that they were reading Kate Morton's new book The Secret Keeper for their book club. I was thrilled to hear that she had a new book out because I adore her books. I was so excited that as soon as I got home I downloaded it onto my Kindle. How did I not know about this before now!?

I loved this story. I cried. It was a beautiful story about second chances. She is undoubtedly one of my favorite all time authors. She is a fantastic writer and I love the way her stories unfold. She has a true gift for story telling.

This novel tells the story of a young girl who witnesses a terrible event involving her mother and many years later as her mother is dying she determines to discover the events that lead up to it. I'm sure I've mentioned it before but I love the way she jumps from the past to the present. It feels like I am uncovering all her secrets right along with her daughter. In her books I always think that I have the secret figured out but then something happens to change the entire direction of the story.

This would make a sensational movie, too. In fact now that I think of it all her books would make great movies!

I'm so happy I found out about her newest book. It was a delightful read.

Her other books I have read and enjoyed:

The House at Riverton     The Forgotten Garden       The Distant Hours


                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment