Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Mark of Athena



The Mark of Athena
by Rick Riordan

I have been waiting to read this book for awhile no. My husband had started reading it before me and not wanting to lose his place I was waiting of him to finish before I started. I finally decided not to wait any longer, especially after he decided to start reading Game of Thrones instead. That book is long!

It had been so long since I read the last two books ( Lost Hero, Son of Neptune) and I was having a hard time remember all the characters and events that occurred in them. Wanting to have a better memory of the previous two books I spent a couple days skimming through them so that they would be fresh in my mind.

I am glad I did because it helped me get into this book much faster. I really enjoyed this book which is not surprising since I had liked all his other books so much.

The only thing I would have liked more of in this book was to have some of Jason's point of view. I really like his character in the first book and was looking forward to reading more about him. But there are 7 demigods in this book so I understand why there wasn't room for more chapters devoted to each of them.

I did enjoy reading about their adventures together  and how the two groups interacted. It was interesting to see Percy and Jason struggle with not being the only Hero and having to rely more on the others to get them out of trouble. I thought that it was a really great message about being willing to accept help and not always thinking you have to do everything on your own.

It ended with a cliff hanger so not I can't wait until the next book. Unfortunately it doesn't come out until the fall, so I have a while to wait!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I would have skimmed through the previous books before starting because I was really confused trying to remember everything until about 5 chapters in! Glad you liked it--that cliffhanger was something else! :)

    ReplyDelete