Sunday, March 17, 2013

Beyonders


Beyonders: A World Without Heroes
By Brandon Mull

Those of you who have been following my blog know how much I enjoyed reading Brandon Mull's Fablehaven series. When I saw this book on the shelf at the library I couldn't resist bringing it home, even though I have at least 12 books sitting at the house right now waiting to be read.

It was a great decision. I thought this story was fantastic. This author really has a way with words. Unlike Fablehaven this story takes place in a different world but the two main characters are from our world. They find themselves in an unfamiliar world, fighting a tyrannical emperor, forced to be heros where nobody else will.

I thought the world he created was fascinating, with interesting characters and plenty of adventures. I will admit that I started feeling like it was a little anticlimactic (for a second ;-) ), but like many fantasies he was just building for the next two books. I am definitely excited to read the next two and find out how the story turns out.

1 comment:

  1. I really loved this book--the world he created was amazing! It took me awhile to get into the 2nd book, but I'm hopefully for the 3rd (isn't the second one usually kind of a filler book anyway?!)! Glad you liked it, too. Recommendation for you--the "Dealing with Dragons" series by Patricia C. Wrede. I'm reading it for the 3rd time right now and it's just delightful. There are 4 books in all. :)

    ReplyDelete