Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Queen of Attolia


The Queen of Attolia
by Megan Whalen Turner

This is the second book in the Queen's Thief series. I enjoyed The Thief so much I was excited to read this one. I was not disappointed. This was a great read too.

This story is written in such a way that I was never quite sure what was really going on. There was plenty of misdirection and diversions. By using smoke and mirrors the author has created a story that fits perfectly with a main character, who is a thief.

Several of the characters in the book make reference to the fact that Gen( the thief) had lied and deceived so many, that it was impossible to tell when he was being honest. Even for me as a reader, I found this to be true because I had a hard time telling when he was putting on a act and when he was truly serious.

I loved it and loved trying to figure him out. It was great fun to  try guessing what he planned to do next. I can't wait to read the next book.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this series just gets better and better with each book...which is amazing since the first book is excellent! I hope you like the next 2 books!

    ReplyDelete