Friday, December 28, 2012

The Time Traveler's Wife



The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger

I had seen this movie and wanted to read the book so when I found it at a garage sale a few months ago, I decided to snatch it up.

I really liked the concept of this book. The whole idea of him having a genetic disorder which causes him to time travel was fascinating. I liked how the story was told from both of their perspectives and I even liked how it jumped between different time periods. It was interesting to see how it all fit together.

What I didn't like about this book was that it was a little to long and drawn out, especially for the way it ended. (Or maybe I just wasn't in the mood for a sad story.) There was also a lot of sex, drugs, drinking and language in this book. I realize much of it was him trying to deal with his time traveling, but it was just too much for my taste.

I think I may have liked the movie better... Anyone else ever like a movie better then the book?


No comments:

Post a Comment