Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Well of Ascension



The Well of Ascension
By Brandon Sanderson

This was the second book in the Mistborn Series. I loved this book just as much as the first. I couldn't put it down, but it did take me a while to read because it was so long. These are the times that I wish my kids were better at entertaining themselves, so that I could have a little more time to read the books I want to read. ; )

This really is the type of fantasy writing that I love. His characters just come alive for me. Their emotions and reactions feel so natural. Unlike some books I've read, I never found myself annoyed with the main character because she couldn't figure out who she was meant to be. I completely understood why she was so confused and it didn't bother me that the right answer seemed obvious to me. I think that is a sign of a truly great writer.

There are so many characters I love in this story and they are all so different from each other. I thought that the story was interesting and did a great job of continuing were the last book left off. I have so many questions from the first book about the Mist and about the Hero of Ages and I feel like these questions are starting to be answered.

I cant wait to read more about these characters and find out how this Trilogy ends.

(Terri- Remind me to bring that book the next time I come to visit, so you can read it... I'm pretty sure you would love this series too.)

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I love that you're loving these books! Brandon Sanderson is amazing. I hope you like the last one... and you definitely need to check out Alloy of Law, which is set in the same world a couple hundred years after the Mistborn series ends. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete