Thursday, October 4, 2012

Library Books

I finally got around to borrowing a E-book on my Kindle. It was pretty easy. I just signed in with my library card and put myself on the waiting list for the book I wanted. A week or so later the book was available for download onto my kindle.

The only problem was that I only got to keep the book for 7 days and I choose a really long book. This one to be exact:

The Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett

I only got through 40% of the book before I had to return it and I thought I was a fast reader! Now I have to request the book again and wait for it to be available again. (I want to know what happens but not enough to buy it.)


Speaking of Library loans, here are a few children's books we have been enjoying this week:



Mr Prickles, A Quill-Fated Love Story
by Kara Lareau

This is a cute story about a porcupine that has a hard time making friends because he is different from the other animals, until he discoveries someone else just like him. I liked the pictures and the story. Win-win.



Train Man
by Andrea Zimmerman and David Clemesha

My 2 year old is in love with trains right now so he thinks this book is pretty great. It is a story of a young boy who dreams of being a Train conductor. It is a cute book. I love finding a good train story!



Duck's Key, Where Can It Be?
by Jez Alborough

This is a lift the flap book, so of course my boys love it. They want to read this one every night. It is a simple story of a duck who is trying to find his car key and a frog who keeps hiding it.



No to alike
by Keith Baker

I really liked this one. I think the pictures are beautiful. The story is simple and really sweet. The boys like it too, although maybe not as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment