Monday, October 22, 2012

Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos
by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

This is the third book in the Beautiful Creatures series. I have really been enjoying reading about these characters and I was excited to find out what happens next.

I was happy that in this book Lena was back to her old self. No more running away and acting like she was doomed to be evil. I like her much better when she is with Ethan.

The story took an interesting twist and I had fun reading it.  Although, I kept thinking that Ethan should be more worried about losing his memory then he acted. I get kind of frustrated when a character ignores some really important clue/ sign for the majority of the book, especially when it clearly has something to do with what is happening.

I also felt like the ending was a little jumbled. Things started happening very quickly. One chapter all the friends where together and then the next chapter Ethan was off doing stuff by himself again. Where did everyone else go, why did he take off by himself? It was just a very abrupt transition.

I'm still not sure if I like the ending. SPOILER: I just don't like the idea of someone taking their own life. I'm fine with the idea of someone sacrificing themselves for another, like  jumping in front of a bullet.  But I have a hard time accepting that suicide would ever be the right thing and that is what it felt like to me. But of course I may be reading too much into the ending and it was supposed to be perceived more like a sacrifice for the greater good. Plus it ends before you find out if the sacrifice happens. Maybe the next book will clear that issue up for me.

That being said I look forward to reading the last book in the series to see what really happened in that last chapter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment