Sunday, September 23, 2012

Warlord of Mars



Warlord of Mars
by Edgar Rice Burroughs

It took me awhile but I finally finished this book. I believe that there are actually eleven books in this series but the first three follow John Carter and his adventures on Mars. This is the third book and it tied up the story of John Carter and his Princess nicely.

Just like the previous two books there is a lot of action involving fighting to the death, in impossible situations. It seems that John Carter is invincible or just plain lucky!

Even though I was glad to find out how the story turned out, I think I will be taking a break from these books for awhile. Although the Title of the Fourth book has me intigued. It looks like it follows one of the character, Thuvia, a freed slave from the previous books, who I would actually like reading more about. And since it is a women maybe there wouldn't be has much fighting and killing, maybe?



No comments:

Post a Comment