Friday, September 14, 2012

Beautiful Darkness

Beautiful Darkness
by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

I was excited to read the sequel to Beautiful Creatures and I was not disappointed. I really enjoyed this book. There were some new interesting characters, some plot twists that I didn't see coming and it was fun to read. 

I don't usually like to compare books to the Twilight series but I couldn't help myself while reading this book. This book introduces a love triangle to the plot which reminded me so much of Twilight. The difference being in this book the main character Ethan must choose between to girls, instead of Bella having to choose between to guys. In this story it is Lena who has supernatural powers and runs away from him and Liv who is there for him when he needs it the most. Sound familiar? Just switch Ethan with Bella and Lena and Liv with Edward and Jacob.  Interestingly enough I was always team Edward  (Lena in this story) but in this book I found myself starting to think Liv (Jacob in this story) would be a better choice for Ethan. I will wait until I read book 3, to really decide if I am team Lena or team Liv.

This book ends with some questions about the future and I can't wait to find out how it all turns out. I guess that means I need to put my hold request into the library soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment