Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Little Princess


A Little Princess
by Frances Hodgson Burnett

I adore this story. I fell in love with this story as a young girl when I saw the movie. To be exact it was this version of the film:

I could only find it on VHS so maybe this movie was never put on DVD, which is unfortunate because this was a beautiful adaptation of this novel. It follows the book so closely that as I was reading the book again, each scene from the movie came vividly back to my memory.

I found a beautiful hardback copy at a garage sale for only 25 cents and I just couldn't pass it up. I was so excited to read this book and I am glad to have it as part of my collection of books.

This is such a touching story. And I'll admit that I cried, more then a few times. Sara Crew is a wonderful example of what it means to be a truly kind person. Despite the trials she was faced with she kept her head held high. Not that she didn't feel despair and sorrow at times but she stays true to who she is through out the story. 

This is a wonderful classic that everyone should experience at least once. Even if it is just watching the film. 



1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen that version of "A Little Princess." I'll have to see if I can find it! I'm partial to the Shirley Temple version since that's the one I grew up watching (even though there are some significant changes from the book!). I adore this book. I can't wait to read it to my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete